Monday, August 2, 2010

A Quiet Week

It's looking to be a quiet week here on Not Twins. Amanda is doing a 3-day potty learning program with Ella which requires they go hermit for the duration (from what I hear via text, so far so good!)....and I am without a working camera (due to another bout of the dread "lens-error"). I also fail at being particularly creative at the moment. Boo! Hiss! Dani, however, is creative as ever. I snapped a rather poor-quality photo with my Droid while she was enthralled with a bit of marker-carnage. I looked away for a moment only to find she has given herself dual half-sleeves. My budding tattoo artist perhaps? It looked like fun, so I joined her.

This weekend the Children's Museum of Richmond had a poorly advertised "breastfeeding celebration" in honor of World Breastfeeding Week. Sadly I didn't have Dani's "I LIKE TO NURSE" shirt ready in time for it...but she still had a wonderful time playing outside in the waterplay area. I also got a new hospital mug out of it...which I was THRILLED with.
I'm quite thrilled with the outcome of the glue batik process...mind you this is the second attempt on a shirt that has been sitting almost-done for over a month! The first time it came out way too light and was difficult to read.

And just another random shot of my little hippie-child. <3

2 comments:

  1. Love glue batik! Very cute shirt for an adorable little girl! I like how it turned out on the darker shirt too! Can't wait to hear more from Amanda about the potty learning! Glad she and Ella are having success with this program!

    ReplyDelete